Car Rides With Joel

By Anonymous
It's Tuesday, it's late, but it's time to blog. I just got back from band rehearsal, and now more than ever, it's clear to me why we go so late some nights... It seems to me that we rehearse until the late night because God wants to send Jackie home early to rest up for work, and force me to find my own ride home... with Joel. Car rides with Joel remind me of when I was a kid and had just gotten home from school. Mom would ask, "how was school?", or more specifically, "what'd you learn today?", and of course, 9 million times out of 10 (?) I would respond with "fine" or "nothing". Riding with Joel is just like that, only the COMPLETE opposite. 20 minutes in the car with the man usually means 20 minutes of hard core, deep issue, Jesus talk. Unlike my attitude towards the curious mother of old, I gladly welcome these conversations. Joel points me to the Lord, speaks a ridiculously piercing truth, and reeks of the love and compassion of Christ. He encourages me in my walk with the Lord, corrects me when I'm in sin, and strengthens my relationship with my wife... in 20 minutes. Find someone like this. Someone who will be honest with you, someone who loves the Lord before anything else, and someone who will be a true brother... even for only 20 minutes. God is glorified because our rehearsals run into the late night and Jackie and I are too cheap (smart) to drive two cars. Praise the Lord. Thanks Joel.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?